Trekking the Kokoda Track for Anzac Day is an honour and a never to be forgotten experience. Back Track currently conducts the most remote Anzac Day ceremonies held anywhere in the world. We avoid large crowds and associated campsite overcrowding. We hope you can join us.
Teams 1 and 2:
Kokoda Track ANZAC Day Trekking Costs
Teams 1&2- PORT MORESBY 12-day trek only
Aussie Trek Leader
PNG internal flight
Scroll down for Dates
Team 3, 4, 5 and 6:
Kokoda Track Trekking Costs
Kokoda Track Anzac Day Team Dates 2018
*Please note: An additional $150 applies to Anzac Day trek Teams 1 & 2 as these are 12 Day trips.
Important Cost Notes 2018 Anzac Day Treks
- ANZAC DAY TEAMS 1 and 2 are 12 day trips, commencing trek at Kokoda and arrive on the eve of Anzac Day at beautiful Irobaiwa Village for a never to be forgotten dawn commemorative ceremony on Anzac Day. Irobaiwa village overlooks the southernmost advance point reached by the Japanese invaders in 1942.
- ANZAC DAY TEAMS 3 and 4 commences trek at Kokoda and arrives on the eve of Anzac Day on the summit of Brigade Hill for a never to be forgotten dawn commemorative ceremony on Anzac Day. Brigade Hill is a beautifully located, remote and sacred Kokoda Track battle site.
- ANZAC DAY TEAMS 5 and 6 commence trek at Owers Corner and camp together on the eve of Anzac Day on the summit of Brigade Hill for a never to be forgotten dawn commemorative ceremony on Anzac Day. Brigade Hill is a beautifully located, remote and sacred Kokoda Track battle site.
- HOTEL SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: Hotel costs are per person, twin share, for 2 nights accommodation in Port Moresby at the 3-star Lamana Hotel. If you are travelling on your own you might be required to pay the single occupancy rate for the hotel. If requested, we will endeavour to find another single traveller of the same sex to share. Additional cost for 2 nights is $350. On the trek, each trekker has a twin person tent for their solo use. You do not share a tent on the Trek unless you request same.
- PERSONAL PORTER: Would you like the assistance of a Personal Porter on the Track? For $640 you can hire the services of a Personal Porter who will carry all your gear in a backpack provided by us free of charge. Read more about Personal Porters here.
- TOUR & AIRFARE PACKAGES: Join us from Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart or Darwin. There are no direct flights to Port Moresby from these cities. Trekkers will need to fly to Brisbane,or Cairns and take advantage of our trek and flight packages from these centres exclusive to Back Track trekkers.
- BUDGETING: There are no hidden costs. Here’s what we suggest you need to budget for out-of-pocket expenses.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS: All prices are in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST. We are not expecting any price rises from suppliers, however, we reserve the right to increase costs as per our Booking Terms and Conditions, if suppliers increase costs to us.
©Back Track Adventures