There are no hidden costs when you trek the Kokoda Track with Back Track. Below are the details of our trek inclusions. We have also created a list of budgeting tips to help you budget for your Kokoda Track trek.
Trek Package with International and PNG domestic flight includes:
- Return, fully flexible, group airfare international flights, economy class from Sydney, Brisbane or Cairns with Air Niugini. This flight offer is the cheapest airfare offer available from Australia;
- One way domestic ticket between Port Moresby and Popondetta;
- Plus all the inclusions listed below in “Trek Only” package from Port Moresby.
Trek Only Package from Port Moresby includes:
- One way domestic flight between Port Moresby and Popondetta;
- 11-day comprehensive program which includes two nights Port Moresby twin share accommodation at the very comfortable, Holiday Inn Express. We believe comfortable pre-and-post-accommodation is very important. The trek is rough enough. Note: Hotel cost based on twin share. If you are travelling on your own you will be required to pay the single occupancy rate for the hotel. Additional cost for 2 nights is $300. If requested, we will endeavour to find another single traveller of the same sex to share;
- International airport arrival and departure transfers in Port Moresby;
- 9-day/8-night sensible trekking itinerary;
- Professional Australian Trek Leader;
- Local Head Guide, management team and trek crew from villages along the Track;
- Comprehensive history briefings at all war sites. We trek the war time Track;
- All necessary land transport in PNG including private transport from Owers Corner to Port Moresby at conclusion of trek and private transport from Popondetta to Kokoda Village to commence the trek. (this road follows the original wartime path to Kokoda taken by the Japanese from their landing points on the coast )
- Fresh dinners on trek hygienically prepared by our cooks, plus breakfast & lunch each trek day. We do not use army or similar style ration packs;
- All personal eating utensils;
- 9-days/8-nights accommodation along the Track, in spacious, individual, mossie proof tent, which we provide and which will be carried, erected and taken down by our trek crew.
- All camp fees;
- Trek permit costs;
- All meals and camp fees for trek crew, plus, travel allowance and wages for crew;
- All emergency equipment including ropes, bush knives and axe, plus, VHF radios and satellite phone linked 24 hours to our Port Moresby base ( for emergency use only) Hand held radios are linked to the Kokoda Track village radio network and the Kokoda Track Authority office;
- Visit to Bomana War Cemetery at conclusion of trek, and, entrance fee to Japanese Forest Fort at Eora Creek, Con’s Rock, mortar and grenade dump above Templetons, and Brigade Hill;
- Men’s or women’s commemorative embroided trekking shirt;
- Certificate of Achievement suitable for framing;
- Commemorative ceremony conducted on the summit of Brigade Hill;
- Comprehensive Confirmation Pack issued on booking which includes a detailed Information Guide to ensure you’re prepared;
- Kokoda Assist line 1300 669 780. Our office is staffed 6 days a week. Professional guidance and assistance is always available at the cost of a local call. Contact from all our trekkers is encouraged;
- $10,000,000 – Tour Operators Public liability insurance with Lloyds of London for your additional peace of mind;
- Back Track Adventures is a fully licensed Travel Agent and Tour Operator and members of the:
– Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA)
– World Travel Agents Association Alliance (WTAAA).